[packman] Problems with OBS Studio on TW

Stefan Seyfried stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 18 21:02:59 CEST 2023

On 18.04.23 19:50, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> The reason, that led to these missing dependencies is, that there are some
> naming overlaps of plugin libraries with system libraries, e.g.:
> /usr/lib64/obs-plugins/libvulkan.so.1
>
> rpm would record a provides for this library, that will not be useful outside
> of obs-studio of course and confuse other installations, that require the real
> libvulkan.
>
> Another reason is, that some libraries are dynamically loaded (dl-opened).
>
> Therefore the AutoReqProv functionality of rpm must be disabled for the
> plugins, and their deps must be handled manually.

maybe
%define __provides_exclude_from %{_libdir}/obs-plugins
would be smarter than "AutoReqProv: off"?

I did not check the package actually but this just came to my mind. I
have used these macros before to fix stuff like that.

See /usr/share/doc/packages/rpm/manual/dependency_generators.md for
details ;-)
--
Stefan Seyfried