[packman] PMBS - quo vadis?

Tomáš Chvátal tomas.chvatal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 11:49:10 CET 2017

> Tomáš Chvátal <tomas.chvatal at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I completely agree that the conflicts should be discussed here. The
> >  only
> > person I had to revoke rights I emailed right away explaining the
> > situation because he was blindly reverting all the changes we did
> > without any word to us. He didn't bother to reply to my mail or ever
> > before to any of the questions I asked on this mailinglist about k3b
> > as well...
>
> How long did you wait for a reply? The few packagers here are usually
> very busy with the primary day job and their personal life, expecting
> an answer right away seems a little bit rushed.
>
> ATM it is 1 year without reply. And I verified it is in the archives right
now.

> In any case - and let me re-iterate this - retracting rights in the
> build system of another user, just because you can and the actions of
> the other user does not fit your idea, is intolerable and not the way
> we work together.

I did that just because he was actively reverting everything directly.
Before we did any changes to those packages we created submissions that
sent an email and I also checked there is nobody selected as a maintainer
(that pesky checkbox in obs).
After I removed his rights I actually wanted him to communicate so we can
clarify and then I would actually enable him again. But he didn't reply not
here, not irc...

HTH

Tom