[packman] New packages for packman (Walter Fey)

Luigi Baldoni aloisio at gmx.com
Wed Aug 2 10:25:58 CEST 2017

Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 at 10:08 AM
From: martin at pluskal.org

> On Tue, 2017-08-01 at 21:41 +0200, Luigi Baldoni wrote:
> > No. I was talking about the copyring attribution for the spec file
> > itself, with which I seem to recall
> > from a previous interaction OP has a problem with.
> >
> > Now, I assume that a commercial entity like SUSE can't afford to
> > distribute anything where the IP is not
> > clearly defined, even for a mere script.
> >
> > Would Packman be more lenient in that regard?
>
> As Richard explained, this might be a bit dangerous adventure for
> packman. Apart from that I would say that motivation for moving to
> packman is a bit weak - my understanding is that move is motivated by
> hurt feelings after discussion about copyright attribution with OP, and
> by his opposition against including hamradio/sdr stuff in Factory and
> Leap.

Before slandering anyone, now I see that packages in home:dl8fcl:hamradio
have the following header:

#
# spec file for package foo
#
# Copyright (c) 2017 Walter Fey DL8FCL
#
# This file is under MIT license

Is this the reeason why OBS doesn't want it? Would packman?
Can Walter Fey confirm this?

> This would basically go against most of recent efforts to move
> everything that is possible/allowed to OBS/Leap/Factory and would put
> additional load on packman's resources, which are much more scarce than
> those of OBS.

And on that I fully agree. It seems to me trying to find a modus vivendi
with OBS would be a much fruitful employment of everyone's time:)

Regards