[packman] libxine2-1.2.3 breaks DVB audio

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Thu Feb 13 18:41:51 CET 2014

Hello,

I have installed libxine2-1.2.3 on openSUSE 12.3 and use a Sundtek DVB
USB stick.

libxine2-1.2.3-89.3.x86_64 from Packman has trouble with DVB audio.

When I start kaffeine and watch a channel, sometimes there is no audio
at all, sometimes I can watch the channel for minutes and then audio
disappears, mutes. In this case switching to a different channel and
switch back helps. It is hard to trigger this bug, it just happens in
non predictable intervals.

This is not a ALSA or pulseaudio issue, it happens with either sound
system. Changing options in ~/.kde4/share/apps/kaffeine/xine-config does
not help. And it is not a general audio issue, audio with an Intel
chipset works fine. DVB with mplayer works fine with audio. This is a
libxine2 issue.

Downgrading to libxine2-1.2.2 from opensuse.org is not an option,
because with the opensuse.org libxine2 there seem to be no DVB possible
at all.

I just reported to the xine mailing list, I hope they can debug this
issue. But, to me the xine mailing list looks pretty dead....

Regards
Malte