[packman] libxine2-1.2.3 breaks DVB audio

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Thu Feb 13 22:14:35 CET 2014

Am Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2014, 18:41:51 schrieb Malte Gell:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed libxine2-1.2.3 on openSUSE 12.3 and use a Sundtek DVB
> USB stick.
>
> libxine2-1.2.3-89.3.x86_64 from Packman has trouble with DVB audio.

It's not patched, so it's a upstream thing. I'll try to find the
problem, but my time is very limited.

> When I start kaffeine and watch a channel, sometimes there is no audio
> at all, sometimes I can watch the channel for minutes and then audio
> disappears, mutes. In this case switching to a different channel and
> switch back helps. It is hard to trigger this bug, it just happens in
> non predictable intervals.
>
> This is not a ALSA or pulseaudio issue, it happens with either sound
> system. Changing options in ~/.kde4/share/apps/kaffeine/xine-config
> does not help. And it is not a general audio issue, audio with an
> Intel chipset works fine. DVB with mplayer works fine with audio.
> This is a libxine2 issue.
>
> Downgrading to libxine2-1.2.2 from opensuse.org is not an option,
> because with the opensuse.org libxine2 there seem to be no DVB
> possible at all.

The openSUSE package is crippled, there's no mpeg or ac3 support inside.

> I just reported to the xine mailing list, I hope they can debug this
> issue. But, to me the xine mailing list looks pretty dead....

It's not match traffic there, a little bit more action is in xine-
devel at lists.sourceforge.net

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/