[packman] 1 click install links not working

Marguerite Su i at marguerite.su
Sat Oct 19 11:59:38 CEST 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Ian Smith <iansamit at gmail.com> wrote:
> I recently tried to install the application "Deluge" from a Packman 1 click
> install link. However, Yast gave the error message: "The install link or
> file you opened does not contain instructions for this version of openSUSE."
> I can also use 1 click install links from the OpenSuse Build Service
> without problems.

Confirmed. It's not your fault. It's ours.

Because if you download and open those .ymp files in a text editor:

There're only: Factory, Tumbleweed, 11.4, 11.3, 11.2, Evergreen 11.1
descriptions.

No 12.2 and 12.3 at all. That's why.

> Since 1 click install links are often copied to 3rd party sites (e.g.
> http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Download), it can cause a lot of
> confusion if they don't work.

Yes, for now you can save codes below as deluge.ymp then update that wiki.

[code]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<metapackage xmlns:os="http://opensuse.org/Standards/One_Click_Install"
xmlns="http://opensuse.org/Standards/One_Click_Install">
  <group distversion="openSUSE 12.3">
    <name>deluge</name>
    <summary>Installs deluge</summary>
    <description>Installs the latest version of deluge:
    Bittorrent Client
    </description>
    <repositories>
      <repository recommended="true">
        <name>Packman Repository</name>
        <summary>Packman package repository for openSUSE 12.3</summary>
        <description>Latest versions and additional packages in the
most popular 3rd party repository</description>
        <url>http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/mirrors/packman/suse/openSUSE_12.3</url>
      </repository>
    </repositories>
    <software>
      <item recommended="true">
        <name>deluge</name>
        <summary>deluge > deluge</summary>
        <description>Bittorrent Client</description>
      </item>
    </software>
  </group>
</metapackage>
[/code]

By change <distversion/> and <url/> in <group/> you can create
multiple targets in one .ymp

> Please let me know if I can help in any way to resolve this.

I don't even know how was those generated...maybe we have to wait our admin.

Marguerite