[packman] 1 click install links not working

Ian Smith iansamit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 16:41:58 CEST 2013

Greetings,

I recently tried to install the application "Deluge" from a Packman 1 click
install link. However, Yast gave the error message: "The install link or
file you opened does not contain instructions for this version of openSUSE."

I then checked on your website, tried several applications that definitely
have packages for my version (12.3), and each time got the same message. It
is only the 1 click install links that don't work - I can download the rpm
files manually, and also access the packages by subscribing to the Packman
repository.

I can also use 1 click install links from the OpenSuse Build Service
without problems.

Since 1 click install links are often copied to 3rd party sites (e.g.
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Download), it can cause a lot of
confusion if they don't work.

Please let me know if I can help in any way to resolve this.