[packman] [PM] ffmpegthumbnailer 2.0.8-2.13 (openSUSE Factory/i586)

Marguerite Su i at marguerite.su
Sat Oct 19 13:19:33 CEST 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Michael Riess <riessmi at yahoo.de> wrote:
> what is the difference between them
> (perhpas KDE/GNOME/LXDE? i dont know, there is no hint in the descrition on packman)
> and do we really need all of them?

kffmpegthumbnailer is based on ffmpegthumbnailer orginally, to enhance
user experience further on KDE. They're from the same project on
google code.

Well, kffmpegthumbnailer is pretty old(2010). Surely it can't be used
on recent openSUSE with recent KDE. Actually it didn't even build on
Packman's build service now.

And considering ffmpegthumnailer's update date(late 2012), I don't
think it can coexist with ffmpeg 1.0 or higher.

I think we can safely drop them both from Packman.

ffmpegthumbs in KDE:Extra is a KDE inner project (Maybe someone
developed it just because those two above can't work anymore, but I
don't know). It's more recent. It can build on KDE because someone
faked a libffmpeg-devel package on KDE:Extra, which refers to a real
libffmpeg here on Packman. So I think you may need to confirm if that
can work with ffmpeg 2.0.

Marguerite