[packman] Essentials libquicktime is broken

Cristian Morales Vega christian.morales.vega at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:53:10 CEST 2011

On 24 June 2011 06:12, Dave Plater <davejplater at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/24/2011 05:51 AM, carl fletcher wrote:
>>
>> or do you mean libquicktime0
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 4:07 AM, Dave Plater <davejplater at gmail.com
>> <mailto:davejplater at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>    libquicktime is broken, it says "unknown attribute: lsrcmd5" from the
>> link. I'll have a look at my end and see if I can work out
>>    what's broken.
>>    Dave
>>
> The package name is libquicktime the library subpackage is called
> libquicktime0. I've fixed the service in multimedia:libs by removing the
> recompress service which is buggy, that libquicktime is building although it
> might fail as I also BuildRequires: ffmpeg-devel instead of the old abi
> ffmpeg. I'll look into that problem later.

Not sure about the problem in Packman, but your "fixes" broke it in
multimedia:libs. This change makes no sense:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff?commit=27&linkrev=base&package=libquicktime&project=multimedia%3Alibs

Why do you change "%if !%{with distributable}" for "%if
%{BUILD_ORIG}"?  And since you don't put a "0" before, and nothing
defines BUILD_ORIG there, it breaks because the %if has no condition
to evaluate.
And why do you change libffmpeg_oldabi-devel for libffmpeg-devel???
You don't add any fix to make it build with the new version...