[packman] Essentials libquicktime needs"osc linkpac --force" (was) is broken

Dave Plater davejplater at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 23:22:13 CEST 2011

On 06/24/2011 12:53 PM, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
> On 24 June 2011 06:12, Dave Plater<davejplater at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 06/24/2011 05:51 AM, carl fletcher wrote:
>>> or do you mean libquicktime0
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 4:07 AM, Dave Plater<davejplater at gmail.com
>>> <mailto:davejplater at gmail.com>>  wrote:
>>>
>>>     libquicktime is broken, it says "unknown attribute: lsrcmd5" from the
>>> link. I'll have a look at my end and see if I can work out
>>>     what's broken.
>>>     Dave
>>>
>> The package name is libquicktime the library subpackage is called
>> libquicktime0. I've fixed the service in multimedia:libs by removing the
>> recompress service which is buggy, that libquicktime is building although it
>> might fail as I also BuildRequires: ffmpeg-devel instead of the old abi
>> ffmpeg. I'll look into that problem later.
> Not sure about the problem in Packman, but your "fixes" broke it in
> multimedia:libs. This change makes no sense:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff?commit=27&linkrev=base&package=libquicktime&project=multimedia%3Alibs
>
> Why do you change "%if !%{with distributable}" for "%if
> %{BUILD_ORIG}"?  And since you don't put a "0" before, and nothing
> defines BUILD_ORIG there, it breaks because the %if has no condition
> to evaluate.
> And why do you change libffmpeg_oldabi-devel for libffmpeg-devel???
> You don't add any fix to make it build with the new version...

I fixed the broken service in mmlibs and then collapsed into bed at 06:30 in the morning. I knew that libquicktime didn't build with the
new ffmpeg but I wanted a failed build in multimedia:libs as part of my attempts to get to the bottom of the instability in some of
Packman's packages, I'll fix it again. I wondered why "%{bcond_without} was used in combination with "%if !%{without" instead of the
inverse which would achieve the same thing and be more logical. "%{BUILD_ORIG}" is doesn't build the original sources if undefined but I
think it needs a "?". I am looking for a macro that changes value when the package is built on the Packman servers to be able to have one
spec file for both the crippled openSUSE and uncrippled Packman packages. The idea is to use "BUILD_ORIG" undefined if in openSUSE and
defined as 1 in Packman. Have a look at the gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad in Packman home:davepl, I've put the macros that display things like
vendor into the prep section, the %_vendor tag comes up as "suse" in both build services unfortunately, if there aren't any  atm maybe we
can add a tag that does this. The object of the exercise is to save the effort of updating two packages and especially where the libraries
are concerned, keeping everything in sync.

The libquicktime package in Packman needs an "osc linkpac --force" to repair the link which I can't do.

Dave