[packman] [PM] ardour2 2.8-0.pm.1 (openSUSE 11.1/i586)

Neil Darlow neil at darlow.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 08:04:44 CET 2010

Hi,

On Tuesday 07 December 2010 22:50:16 Toni wrote:
> The reason I dropped those packages from the packman repo is simple:
> http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2008-December/022310.
> html
>
> you should read the whole thread :)
>
> and as long as such people can post such messages on official
> mailing-lists, and none of the audio-gurus there (I've packaged most of
> their programms for openSuSE) does nothing against or bann such persons I
> have no interest at all to provide such packages.

I appreciate your feelings on that but sometimes you have to rise above such
stupidity. The actions of ignorant posters on a mailing list are causing you
to deny others, who sincerely appreciate your efforts, technology which is
useful to them.

Perhaps there should be written in big letters somewhere that the use of the
Packman repository requires a degree of skill and understanding in order to
manage any conflicts or unexpected behaviour that arises from using the
packages.

My two euros.

Regards,
Neil Darlow