[packman] [PM] ardour2 2.8-0.pm.1 (openSUSE 11.1/i586)

Pascal Bleser pascal.bleser at opensuse.org
Thu Dec 9 17:29:29 CET 2010

On 2010-12-07 23:50:16 (+0100), Toni <toni at links2linux.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2010 schrieb Bruno Canning:
> > Hi Toni,
> >
> > I've got a problem with ardour2. There hasn't been a package built since
> > openSUSE 11.1 was released and 11.3 has been out for a few months now. I
> > notice that you are the packager for ardour2, so that's why I'm writing
> > to you today. I appreciate that you may be busy (or you might have just
> > forgotten about this) but is there any chance of building an up to date
> > package for 11.3?
>
> ardour2 and jack are no longer provided.
>
> The reason I dropped those packages from the packman repo is simple:
> http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2008-December/022310.html
>
> you should read the whole thread :)
>
> and as long as such people can post such messages on official mailing-lists,
> and none of the audio-gurus there (I've packaged most of their programms for
> openSuSE) does nothing against or bann such persons I have no interest at all
> to provide such packages.

That's understandable, but we all have to grow a thick skin against such
poisenous idiots. That shouldn't keep you (or anyone else) to
contribute. Remember that you usually only see the loud, vocal minority
of nay-sayers, and only very rarely the overwhelming majority of people
who are very happy with what we do.

Would you reconsider? If not, I might take over packaging those.

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser at opensuse.org>
  /\\ http://opensuse.org -- I took the green pill