[packman] New user 00sapo

Federico Simonetta federicosimonetta at zoho.com
Tue Jan 9 19:46:46 CET 2024

Hi,
thank you for your replies.

The official openSUSE repos on nvidia.com are fine. The CUDA RPM, instead, is not the best. I think it would be better if it was in a repo so that it would also offer updates and they could be in sync with the drivers.

Anyway, the real reason why I wanted to re-distribute CUDA is that it is needed for building NCCL. From my understanding, in OBS, all the dependencies should be available at the building step because it works without a network connection. Consequently, I would need to upload CUDA RPM to openSUSE's OBS, but it is not allowed because it's not compliant with the OSI.

So the question is:
a) would it be possible to redistribute the CUDA libraries from a home: project in packman?
b) could I use that home: project as a BuildRequires of another project (maybe on openSUSE's OBS)?

Best and thank you very much for your time!

 ---- On Tue, 09 Jan 2024 19:06:49 +0100  Giacomo Comes  wrote ---