[packman] New user 00sapo

Stefan Botter packman at botter.cc
Wed Jan 10 14:10:16 CET 2024

Hi Frederico,

On Tue, 2024-01-09 at 19:46 +0100, Federico Simonetta wrote:
> Hi,

I have enabled your account in PMBS.

> The official openSUSE repos on nvidia.com are fine. The CUDA RPM, instead, is not the best. I think it would be better if it was in a repo so that it would also offer updates and they could be in sync with the drivers.
>
> Anyway, the real reason why I wanted to re-distribute CUDA is that it is needed for building NCCL. From my understanding, in OBS, all the dependencies should be available at the building step because it works without a network connection. Consequently, I would need to upload CUDA RPM to openSUSE's OBS, but it is not allowed because it's not compliant with the OSI.
>
> So the question is:
> a) would it be possible to redistribute the CUDA libraries from a home: project in packman?

I am not on top of the redistribution rights of the CUDA Tooklit SLA,
but in 1.1.2 Distribution Requirements, 1. "material additional
functionality" is requested. Also in 1.1.6. Components Under Other
Licenses, the possible existence of components with separate terms is
mentioned. These components may disallow redistribution.

Nevertheless, we do not export user's home project, so you cannot
publish anything from your home project.

> b) could I use that home: project as a BuildRequires of another project (maybe on openSUSE's OBS)?

I do not think that OBS allows reference to projects from remote build
service instances. Anyhow, I myself had trouble using PMBS projects in a
private build services instance, probably due to a PMBS configuration
shortcoming, so I am pretty sure my answer to your question is also: no.

Greetings,

Stefan