[packman] New user 00sapo

Giacomo Comes gcomes at gmx.com
Tue Jan 9 19:06:49 CET 2024

On Mon, Jan 08, 2024 at 09:29:02AM +0100, Federico Simonetta wrote:
> Dear all,
> I'm quite a new user in the openSUSE world, but a rather experienced user of Linux. I tried many distros, starting with Slackware, passing via Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro, Arch (for a long while), Fedora, and finally openSUSE.

Hi,
since you are new to the openSUSE world, here are a few suggestions of mine:

Nvidia rpm for openSUSE are already available. Check: https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_drivers
Cuda's rpm for openSUSE are available from NVIDIA too. (https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads)

> I would like to create Nvidia drivers, CUDA, and NCCL packages in my home: repo. Would this be allowed in packman? In this case, my user is 00sapo, and my mail is the one from where I'm writing. I just submitted a request for a new user.

If your target is to create packages in your home repo, then you can use
openSUSE's OBS. It makes sense to use packman mainly if you are going to
publish packages that cannot be hosted in the default openSUSE's
repositories.

Cheers,
Giacomo