[packman] There appear to be issues with the openSUSE Leap 42.2 Packman repository

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Wed Jul 12 12:51:13 CEST 2017

On 2017-07-12 11:53, Jimmy Peters wrote:
> I hope that this is the correct place to report this.  I was expecting a
> forum, not a mailing list.

A mail list is easier to maintain, fewer resources :-)

You may read this for info on mail lists:

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette

Here is a list of many more openSUSE mail lists:

https://lists.opensuse.org/

Finally, the forums are here:

https://forums.opensuse.org/forum.php

> I have installed openSUSE Leap 42.2 on 2 machines in the last couple of
> weeks or so, including while I put this email together.  I have enabled the
> Packman repository and installed the multimedia codecs per the Unofficial
> Guide to openSuse Leap 42.2, http://opensuse-guide.org/codecs.php.
> Everything installed, except the k3b-codecs.  When I tried installing them
> manually, after giving the Packman repository priority, I got a message
> that it did not install the k3b-codecs.  I tried doing it manually.  I got
> a message saying that, Package 'k3b-codecs' not found.  I know that this
> worked on previous installations so I presume that something has been
> broken.  I hope that it can be fixed soon as burning MP3 files to disk is
> something that I intend to use.

I don't see that package anywhere, I don't have it installed. I think it
is not needed anymore. Probably the maintainer of the guide forgot to
remove it from the list.

See thread:

Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 00:45:18 -0500
Subject: [packman] No k3b-codecs for openSUSE 42.1