[packman] mingw32 packages in Multimedia

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Thu May 22 22:06:41 CEST 2014

Hi Jörg,

On Tue, 20 May 2014 21:15:49 +0200
Jörg Lorenzen <joerg.lorenzen at ki.tng.de> wrote:

> I've a question about packages mingw32-cross-binutils,
> mingw32-cross-gcc, mingw32-filesystem, mingw32-headers and
> mingw32-runtime. Why are they located in project Multimedia?

I don't know, but they are there for several months now, and I am sure,
Pascal put them there on purpose.

> Since days they prevent publishing of all current builds e.g. for
> opensuse 13.1,
> because their build status hangs in a loop (scheduled -> finished ->
> succeeded -> blocked -> scheduled ...).
> I don't exactly know if I'm right, but I think puplishing won't be
> done as long the repository build status is "build jobs exists".
> These loops are repeated within a few minutes, may be because these
> packages are aggregates
> of repository "openSUSE.org:windows:mingw:win32".

I saw these, too, but nevertheless Multimedia/13.1 has been published in
the past days (May 19th and 21st), and I am sure the publishing is slow
due to our limited build power and fast incoming upstream updates. I do
not know, how the aggregates work, but if anyone is willing to dig in
deeper, please feel free to ask on the buildservice mailing list.

I will try to update PMBS to the latest obs 2.5.3 during the next few
days, perhaps a full restart resolves the mingw-endless-loop.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause