[packman] [FFMpeg] Webm: Codec is experimental but not enabled?

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Fri Mar 1 20:44:48 CET 2013

Am Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2013, 19:09:34 schrieb Marguerite Su:

> I'm using the FFMpeg from Packman Factory repository.
>
> When I want to convert a youtube-dl downloaded webm video to mp4,
>
> ffmpeg -i input.webm output.mp4
>
> It complains:
>
> Codec is experimental but experimental codecs are not enabled, try
> -strict -2

That's not the problem, the webm decoder works fine, you can play the
movie with ffplay.

> (default) Stream mapping:
>   Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (vp8 -> libx264)
>   Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (vorbis -> aac)
> Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:1 - maybe incorrect
> parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

Stream 0:1, the audio should be encoded to aac, but there's no aac
support in our ffmpeg package because of the licence, see
/usr/share/doc/packages/ffmpeg/LICENSE

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/