[packman] [FFMpeg] Webm: Codec is experimental but not enabled?

Marguerite Su i at marguerite.su
Fri Mar 1 23:23:00 CET 2013

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 3:44 AM, Manfred Tremmel <manfred at links2linux.de> wrote:
>> (default) Stream mapping:
>>   Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (vp8 -> libx264)
>>   Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (vorbis -> aac)
>> Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:1 - maybe incorrect
>> parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
>
> Stream 0:1, the audio should be encoded to aac, but there's no aac
> support in our ffmpeg package because of the licence, see
> /usr/share/doc/packages/ffmpeg/LICENSE

Hi, Manfred,

I'm wondering why our FFMpeg choose to use/map an encoder it doesn't
have at all?

As I know, mp4 is a wrapper, it doesn't mean its content has to be h264+aac.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mp4#Data_streams

So if we don't have aac at all, why don't we change the mapping to
other audio formats?

As a user, I may just want my output video has a .mp4 suffix.

Greetings

Marguerite