[packman] speechnote for packman

Giacomo Comes gcomes at gmx.com
Mon Oct 21 21:25:27 CEST 2024

Hi,
I have packaged for packman the program Speech Note.
  https://github.com/mkiol/dsnote
  https://lwn.net/Articles/987315/

Since it's the first time I'm submitting a new package,
I'm asking for some guidance.

Currently the program is available in:
  https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/show/home:gcomes.pmbs:dsnote/speechnote
Do I simply need to submit it to the Extra project, or is there some
other step that needs to be done?

The program depends on openvino. While openvino is available on tumbleweed,
for Leap15.6 is only available in the project science:machinelearning.
What is the recommended approach for such dependency?
Ask the user to add the science:machinelearning repository, or branch
in Extra openvino as well (only build for Leap)?

It would be possible to build speechnote with HW acceleration (AMD and NVIDIA).
For that, the build process needs to access the following external repositories:
  https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/opensuse15/x86_64
  https://repo.radeon.com/rocm/zyp/5.7.3/main
  https://yum.repos.intel.com/oneapi
Is it possible to do that on pmbs?