[packman] Inquiry on Mirroring Packman Repositories and Seeking Official Synchronization

mirrors(SNG 腾讯云软件源) mirrors at tencent.com
Fri Jul 12 03:02:03 CEST 2024

Dear Packman Team,

Greetings!

My name is motorao and I am reaching out on behalf of TencentCloud. Our team has been providing a mirror service for the Packman software repositories(https://mirrors.tencent.com/packman/), aiming to enhance accessibility and speed for our local user community. However, we have not identified any explicit statements on your website that address or permit the synchronization and redistribution of your content by third parties.

Given our commitment to compliance, we are reaching out for clarification and to seek official guidance. Specifically, we are interested in:
1. Whether we have the authorization to legally synchronize and proxy the Packman software repositories.
2. Understanding any specific compliance requirements or authorization processes we must follow.
3. Receiving any official terms of use or authorization documents that would validate our synchronization efforts.

Additionally, we are curious if there is a recommended method or best practice for repository synchronization that is endorsed by Packman(is this rsync url officially served :rsync://mirror.karneval.cz/packman/). Knowing the official stance and recommended practices would greatly assist us in ensuring that our mirror service aligns with Packman's standards and policies.

We are dedicated to respecting intellectual property and copyright laws and are committed to operating within the boundaries of any permissions granted. We hope to establish a cooperative relationship with the Packman team and contribute positively to the community.

Thank you for considering our request. We eagerly await your guidance on this matter.

Best regards,

motorao