[packman] Kodi Tumbleweed symbol not found error - Kodi won't start!

Steven Swart steven.swart at gmail.com
Thu May 18 10:43:45 CEST 2023

Good day, Manfred, Sagi!

The only weird thing I have done with this installation of Kodi is this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmk1wb3qw1d2gny/Quick.Way.to.add.the.ProjectM.Visualisation.Addon.to.a.Packman.Kodi.Installation.pdf?dl=0

That's why I asked if anyone is getting it. If that's the problem, my only
solution would be to build the ProjectM addon from source.

As per your request, this is what I am getting:

steven at linux-ll3r:~> kodi
/usr/lib64/kodi/kodi.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/kodi/kodi.bin:
undefined symbol:
_ZN6spdlog7details7log_msgC1ENS_10source_locEN3fmt2v917basic_string_viewIcEENS_5level10level_enumES6_

steven at linux-ll3r:~> zypper info libfmt9
Reading installed packages...

Information for package libfmt9:
--------------------------------
Repository     : openSUSE:Factory
Name           : libfmt9
Version        : 9.1.0-2.2
Arch           : x86_64
Vendor         : openSUSE
Installed Size : 127.5 KiB
Installed      : Yes
Status         : up-to-date
Source package : fmt-9.1.0-2.2.src
Upstream URL   : http://fmtlib.net/
Summary        : A formatting library for C++
Description    :
    Shared library for fmt, a formatting library for C++

My apologies for the delay in responding, I only picked your emails now.

Kind regards,
Steven.