[packman] Kodi Tumbleweed symbol not found error - Kodi won't start!

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Thu May 18 10:06:08 CEST 2023

Moin,

On Thu, 18 May 2023, 09:15:46 +0200, Masaru Nomiya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the Message;
>
>   Subject    : Re: [packman] Kodi Tumbleweed symbol not found error - Kodi won't start!
>   Date & Time: Thu, 18 May 2023 08:37:13 +0200
>
> [DE] == Diego Ercolani <diego.ercolani at ssis.sm> has written:
>
> DE> Probably you need to wait for a rebuild trigger and the new
> DE> symbols will be imported automatically. PleaseĀ  seeĀ
> DE> https://openbuildservice.org/ the system used by opensuse and
> DE> packman
>
> The reason is that fmt has been updated to 10.0.0.

where do you find fmt 10.0.0? openSUSE:Factory still has 9.1.0.

> kodi does not support this fmt at the moment, so the only solution is
> to install the libfmt9.

He ought to have libfmt9 installed, either directly or as a dependency
of kodi. FWIW, I just upgraded my systems to TW snapshot 20230517, and
kodi runs successfully.

@Diego, please show us the error message you get in the console window,
as Sagi already suggested!

> Regards.