[packman] package "A_tw-ffmpeg-5"

Stefan Seyfried stefan.seyfried at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 25 20:24:52 CET 2023

Hi Manfred,

On 25.01.23 19:48, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I saw you made the change to the _multibuild file. I now tried to get

I just accepted the submitrequest ;-)

> this change done in the package on OBS (multimedia:libs/ffmpeg-5), but
> shortly after it got accepted, it was revoked because it results in the
> following:
>
>    ffmpeg-5 gets built
>    ffmpeg-5:ffmpeg-5 gets built
>    ffmpeg-5:ffmpeg-5-mini gets built
>
> Obviously ffmpeg-5:ffmpeg-5 is not necessary and could be avoided by
> fixing the _multibuild logic in OBS.
>
> What do you think, shall we stick with fixing _multibuild files (I
> remember a similar problem with one package needed by kodi long ago), or
> shouldn't this be properly fixed in OBS?

Well, the "proper" fix from OBS' side would be (I'm guessing) to not
rename the package when linking it, e.g. instead of linking

build.o.o/ffmpeg-5 => pmbs/A_tw-ffmpeg-5

just link to => pmbs/ffmpeg-5

but that does interfere with the logic the packages are named in packman
for making clear which one should be built for what distro.

Another way (instead of fixing the _multibuild) would be to remove the
ffmpeg-6-mini.spec, if only one spec file is present, no _multibuild
magic is necessary.
Bot no matter which way we go, we probably need a diff on pmbs vs build.o.o.

ciao,
	seife
--
Stefan Seyfried