[packman] AMD Radeon 600 series, Leap 15.4, VLC DVD player

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Sun Jan 22 14:48:38 CET 2023

On 2023-01-22 14:31, Steven Swart wrote:
> Good day, Hans-Peter, and Packmans!
>
> I have been reliably informed that it may be dangerous to discuss this
> further on the Packman mailing list, or any of the official forums, from a
> legal point of view.
>
> So, there is a limit to what I am prepared to say here.
>
> But also, I see no harm in writing up my HOWTO, and sending it privately to
> any individuals who may be interested.

I don't know if this is the case now, but in similar cases there is no
problem with private individuals building, on their own machine,
problematic code. Or publishing how. The problem usually is with
providing the binaries ready to install.

AFAIK, that's how it is done with the Nvidia drivers, the rpm builds the
modules locally on each user machine, they are not included in the rpm
in binary form.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

		Carlos E. R.