[packman] AMD Radeon 600 series, Leap 15.4, VLC DVD player

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Jan 22 14:13:38 CET 2023

Am Sonntag, 22. Januar 2023, 03:30:21 CET schrieb Steven Swart:
> Good day, Masaru, and Packmans!

[description of home grown builds]

Thank you for sharing these detailed instructions, Steven.

> So, I think this is the best I can hope for with my Tumbleweed box! I think
> I am at optimal performance now.
>
> A big thank you to everyone who helped!
>
> Later today, I am going to follow the notes I have made and build the Mesa
> drivers for the Leap machine, which is a much older Microserver - circa
> 2012, (as I recall), and make sure that the procedure is correct. After
> that, I will try to make time to write up my HOWTO.

Now, the idea of Packman is: get this experience out of the box by just adding
the packman repos, eg. rebuilding the graphics stack on your own should not be
needed.

The question is, where did it broke for you? If I understand you correctly,
the vdpauinfo output didn't change between the packman builds and your own.
It might be possible to replace your home rolled package one by one, and test
the outcome.

If you get to the bottom of this, I will call you Sherlock!

Cheers,
Pete
--
Life without chameleons is possible, but pointless.