[packman] AMD Radeon 600 series, Leap 15.4, VLC DVD player

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Tue Jan 17 00:47:11 CET 2023

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [packman] AMD Radeon 600 series, Leap 15.4, VLC DVD player
  Date & Time: Mon, 16 Jan 2023 19:46:27 +0200

[SS] == Steven Swart <steven.swart at gmail.com> has written:

SS>  Good day, Masaru, Packmans!

SS>  Thank you very much for your suggestion, I will try that next.

You don't need to look at it because it seems to build.

SS>  Just a quick report-back about yesterday. These power outages have been
SS>  challenging!

SS>  I followed your previous instructions. The first source rpm built
SS>  successfully.

I was wondering if libx264-devel and libx265-devel were installed, but my fears were unfounded.

[...]
SS>  This morning, I kicked off that build again, and it started from the
SS>  beginning! I couldn't find a way to tell rpmbuild to pick up where it had
SS>  left off!

I don't know that rpmbuld can be restarted from a suspended state.

Anyway, I look forward to the results of vdpauinfo.

SS>  We had to go out today, and we are scheduled for another power cut soon,
SS>  but I will get back to you when I have something further to report.

Just for the record, which Radeon driver are you using?
I've checked and there seem to be several.

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡 野宮  賢                         mail-to: m.nomiya+pack @ gmail.com
┃\/彡
┗━━┛       "A bachelor’s degree still holds prestige as a ticket to the
	       middle class, but its value has received increasing scrutiny.
	       In the last several years, rising tuition and student loan debt
	       have led more Americans to reconsider an investment in
	       postsecondary education."

							-- Washington Post --