[packman] MirrorCache for packman?

Marc Schiffbauer marc at links2linux.de
Mon Nov 28 06:24:30 CET 2022

Hej Andrii,

thanks for your offer! This would be nice to have. But we need to delay
this until next year, when I have more time and reliable internet
connection again to do this.

And I am not sure if we have the ressources for that, but we will figure
that out then

-Marc

* Andrii Nikitin schrieb am 25.11.22 um 19:29 Uhr:
> Hej,
>
> MirrorCache is a redirector service which redirects download requests
> to a closest mirror for a user. It is used so far in openSUSE and
> internal SUSE infrastructure. E.g. mirrorcache.opensuse.org
>
> Are you interested in setting up such a service for packman? So e.g.
> when a request comes from Czech Republic to
> links2linux.de/download/%1 , it will be automatically redirected to
> http://mirror.karneval.cz/pub/linux/packman/%1 (assuming that the
> mirror has the file), etc. MirrorCache also honors http/https
> protocols, can provide metalinks, monitors state of mirrors, provides
> download statistics and has additional plans for reports and new
> features.
> I can assist in setting up the environment and the best effort
> support, granting that you provide hosting and ssh access. For a pilot
> it will need like 4-8G machine with openSUSE(*) and 20-40G disk.
> Preferably it should have access to the original files on disk or
> through nfs, but it is not required. 1 CPU should be enough, but
> depending on traffic and amount of files - it may need 2 in future.
>
> Let me know what you think,
> Regards,
> Andrii Nikitin

0x8201F9436611ABF9 - 41C5 71F2 0535 7D66 2E71
                     6DAA 8201 F943 6611 ABF9