[packman] New Member activation

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Mon May 16 08:35:19 CEST 2022

Hi Lukáš,

On Sun, 2022-05-15 at 12:28 +0200, Lukáš Krejza wrote:
> i would like to ask for activation of my account. I have not finished
> activation before and i would like to start using it (currently getting "Your
> account is disabled. Please contact the administrator for details." message).

Yes, your account was disabled, as you tried to create it years back.
I could not enable the account through PMBS' web frontend - for reasons
unknown, but probably due to the fact, that the account has been set to
the disabled state.
The other proposed way through the rails console like for changing a
forgotten password does not work anymore - but that was never really
documented anyway.

User management with obs-own tools is still after so many years rather
crude, there is no notification and also no user-centric password
recovery mechanism :(

I have now manually edited the backend database entry for your account
and set the account to 'confirmed'.
Please give it a try - it may fail due to the fact, that your home
project has not been created yet - I do not know when exactly this
project is created.

> I am currently aiming to package some drivers for fingerprint readers and the
> packages are ready, i just need to get them to Packman :)

That sounds good, but isn't OBS a more suitable place for such things?

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause