[packman] Question about mirror size

marc at links2linux.de marc at links2linux.de
Sat Jun 11 01:28:48 CEST 2022

Am Sat, Jun 04, 2022 at 05:34:57PM +0000 schrieb alexandre at opensuse.net.br:
> Hi,

Hi Alexandre,

> I would like to know how to become a mirror and how much space is needed.
> For example, how much for Essentials for 15.4, for Extras and so on.

For the procedure to become an official mirror please drop me a mail
with contact data, source IP of the mirroring server and I will send you
all the details you need. This may take a couple of days as I am still
at sea with only satellite internet (very slow).

The repo is currently 156G, so I recommend at least 200G of space.

> I'm already a mirror for some openSUSE repositories, and I have some space left.
> I'm also in contact with many mirrors in South America, in case it requires a lot of space,
> I could discuss with someone else to host.

Would be very nice to have even more mirrors! So lets get your mirror
running and then lets add more if you have the contacts, thanks!

> I believe Packman repo is the same as openSUSE repos, so I just need to know the official rsync url and module name to copy data from.

I will provide you with all the information

-Marc