[packman] [PM] pipewire-lang package is uninstallable due to version mismatch

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 12 09:28:46 CET 2022

Hi Bjørn and S.,

Am Freitag, den 11.02.2022, 21:52 +0100 schrieb Bjørn Lie:
:
> I noticed the same thing, see my email to list
>
> https://lists.links2linux.de/pipermail/packman/2022-January/017024.html
>
> pipewire-lang is removed, but since the aarch64 builders are down,
> the
> old full pipewire suite exists for aarch64 and armv7l, and hence also
> the noarch lang package produced by it (same with
> gstreammer-plugins-ugly-lang and probably more).
>
> Check https://pmbs.links2linux.org/monitor -> select aarch64,
> timeframe
> 1 month
> and
> Essentials aarch64 openSUSE_Tumbleweed have had pending  blocked: 14
> scheduled: 33 for aarch for "ages" due to this.
> armv7l have unresolvable: 1 blocked: 18 scheduled: 29 - but they are
> all waiting for workers that are not there at the moment.
>
> I assume Stefan will get to it when he has the time / willpower :-)
> and us nagging about it will not do any good.
>
> /Bjørn

This is actually not really a thing I do :(
Yes, we do not have any armv7l workers anymore, as my banana pi (swrj01)
was not building correctly for some time now, and both cubietrucks
(swrj02 and swrj03) broke down due to hardware issues during the past
two months.
Anyhow, these three workers are armv7l only, and Leap 15.3 seems to be
the last openSUSE to build with armv7l, Tumbleweed for a while seems to
enforce a more recent cpu (64bit), thus none of my late workers was
suitable.

Unless we nuke arm*/aarch* I cannot do anything about that.
Anyone with more insight may shed more light in here, Olaf, Guillaume?

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause