[packman] yt-dlp 2022.08.08 broken on 15.3

Masaru Nomiya nomiya at galaxy.dti.ne.jp
Thu Aug 11 13:25:34 CEST 2022

Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [packman] yt-dlp 2022.08.08 broken on 15.3
  Date & Time: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 12:57:20 +0200

[CER] == "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas at telefonica.net> has written:

[...]
MS>>>  Exception: You are using an unsupported version of Python. Only Python
MS>>> versions 3.7 and above are supported by yt-dlp

MN>> That's all there is to it.

MN>> In other words, use it with python37 or higher python3.

CER>  That is not up to us (plain users), Leap has 2.7 and we can not
CER>  change it.

You are mistaken.
What yt-dlp needs is python3, not python.

CER>  Thus, this package can not be published as is.

CER>  I just tried to revert the update, but there are no older
CER>  versions available. I have a local copy of 2022.07.18 and
CER>  reverted to that one.

python3 in Leap 15.3 is python3.6, right?
yt-dlp requires python3.7 or higher.

The solution in Leap 15.3 is installing python 3.8 (3.7 isn't
availlable, is it?) and use update-laternatives.

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡   Masaru Nomiya                mail-to: nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛       "A bachelor’s degree still holds prestige as a ticket to the
	       middle class, but its value has received increasing scrutiny.
	       In the last several years, rising tuition and student loan debt
	       have led more Americans to reconsider an investment in
	       postsecondary education."

							-- Washington Post --