[packman] Kodi 19 Matrix

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Fri Mar 12 13:23:37 CET 2021

Hi there,

as you can see in the Multimedia project, $SUBJECT is now available.
Unfortunately it currently only builds for openSUSE Leap 15.3 without
additional changes:

  <https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/show/Multimedia/kodi>
  <https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/show/Multimedia/kodi.binary-addons>

For Leap 15.2 we would need two additional packages which could be
linked from OBS; I have done that in my home repo in PMBS and that
resulted in successful builds for 15.2, too:

  <https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/show/home:manfred.h/kodi>
  <https://pmbs.links2linux.org/package/show/home:manfred.h/kodi.binary-addons>

The two packages in question are:

  - openSUSE.org:multimedia:libs/libcdio
  - openSUSE.org:devel:libraries:c_c++/spdlog

which only need to be build enabled for openSUSE Leap 15.2; can someone
with the necessary permissions create them in the Essentials project,
please? In case we wouldn't like the moving target of multimedia:libs or
devel:libraries:c_c++, we could also use the version from openSUSE Leap
15.3

TIA, cheers.

l8er
manfred

PS: In case you wonder about the Tumbleweed x86_64 failures, they are a
    completely different issue, as the build either runs out of disk
    space (when building kodi with binutils-gold) or out of memory (when
    building kodi with binutils). We'll need to find a solution here
    wrt/ the maximum possible hardware constraints...