[packman] pmbs vs. packman mirrors - mostly OK, but some stuff doesn't get picked up

Manfred Hollstein manfred.h at gmx.net
Thu Mar 4 16:26:51 CET 2021

Hi there,

first of all I'd like to thank Stefan for his great work he
continuously spends for this great project, THANKS A LOT!

We had seen that several packages didn't get forwarded to the Multimedia
repos outside of pmbs. I still see this for at least

  - makemkv and related packages
  - youtube-dl and related packages

As an example, you can compare the output of the following commands:

  $ w3m -dump http://pmbs.links2linux.de:8080/Multimedia/openSUSE_Leap_15.2/x86_64 | egrep 'makemkv|youtube-dl'
  $ w3m -dump http://pmbs.links2linux.de:8080/Multimedia/openSUSE_Leap_15.2/noarch | egrep 'makemkv|youtube-dl'

vs.

  $ w3m -dump http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.2/Multimedia/x86_64 | egrep 'makemkv|youtube-dl'
  $ w3m -dump http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.2/Multimedia/noarch | egrep 'makemkv|youtube-dl'

As the difference is the same for all the mirrors I checked (all in
Germany, Austria and Czech), I cannot believe that _all_ mirrors now
refuse to accept new packages for these two, so I'm afraid there's some
kind of issue in the release process which provides new packages to the
mirrors.

Does anybody have an idea?

TIA, cheers.

l8er