[packman] mythweb packaging error?

packman at howorth.org.uk packman at howorth.org.uk
Mon Jul 23 18:33:57 CEST 2018

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:06:56 -0600
Jason Craig <os-dev at jacraig.com> wrote:

>On 07/23/2018 03:46 AM, packman at howorth.org.uk wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 09:48:52 +0200
>> Dave Plater <davejplater at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've just looked at the package and it now shows php7 requirements,
>>> must have rebuilt.
>>> Regards
>>> Dave
>>
>> How very confusing. So after I forced a refresh of the repository I
>> could see it and installed it with no errors or hints to look at a
>> readme or whatever that I could see. Then I restarted apache but now
>> apache won't start. It says:
>>
>> Jul 23 10:31:54 acer-suse start_apache2[27762]: AH00526: Syntax error
>> on line 111 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb.conf: Jul 23 10:31:54
>> acer-suse start_apache2[27762]: Invalid command 'php_value', perhaps
>> misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server
>> configuration
>>
>> Looking at the /etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb.conf installed by the
>> package, I can see the php_value commands, but this is a file
>> installed by packman designed to work with opensuse leap 15.0 so why
>> would it use a command that appears not to be supported by that
>> release? Or am I supposed to do something else to apache?
>>
>> I'm also confused why there is a reference to
>>   <Directory "/var/www/html/data">
>> in the file. Why hasn't that been changed to
>> a /srv/ww/htdocs/<whatever>? Is that a mistake or is it deliberate?
>
>Yes, this directory should have been changed to
>"/srv/www/htdocs/mythweb/data" but was missed. I just submitted the
>fix for that.

Thanks, I edited the file.

>> The INSTALL file also says I need mod_rewrite but that doesn't seem
>> to be installed by openSUSE as standard. So am I supposed to edit the
>> loadmodule.conf file? Are there instructions describing how to get
>> this package working on Leap 15 somewhere, or is it a guessing
>> game?
>
>Yes, mod_rewrite and mod_php7 (or mod_php5, whichever you have) are
>not enabled by default and so they have to be enabled.

It turns out mod_rewrite was enabled, because I'd been using it
previously but I was confused by /etc/apache2/loadmodule.conf whereas
the actual file is /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/loadmodule.conf so I used
the sysconfig editor to add php7. I don't really understand why that
wasn't added when I installed php7.

At least apache restarts now; thanks very much. Mythweb just gives a
completely blank page, but the web page you mentioned says it needs the
backend, which isn't running. I might have expected to see a tile and
an error message or suchlike, though?

Anyway, got to go and cook, so I'll look later.

Thanks again, Dave