[packman] Missing libdvdnav-x86_64-linux.so for kodi-17.0-3.1.x86_64

Sagi Ben-Akiva sagiben at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:56:06 CET 2017

Hi,

I updated kodi package in my home project with the changes needed to play
DVD at the following link :
https://pmbs.links2linux.de/package/show/home:sagiben/kodi
I've tested the fix on my PC but would like to get some feedback before
merging the changes to Multimedia project.

With this fix, in order to play DVD one should install ffmpeg packages,
i.e. libavcodec, libavdevice, libavfilter, etc. from packman repositories
and not from openSUSE repositories.

The problem was that while packaging latest Kodi version I noticed that
Kodi requires some libdvd* packages, which are also part of it's source
code. We prefer to use prebuilt packages from packman or OBS instead of
rebuilding them from source, but in this case Kodi developers made a lot of
changes to those packages which currently still not accepted by libdvd*
developers, which means that we need to build them from Kodi source
repositories.

Sagi.