[packman] PMBS - quo vadis?

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Fri Feb 24 18:06:36 CET 2017

Am Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:15:35 +0100
schrieb Bjørn Lie <zaitor at opensuse.org>:

> That is quite correct, and if possible: Could we get a "publish"
> filter in place for all packages that "comes out" of
> gstreamer-plugins-bad and gstreamer-plugins-ugly?

That would be both bad and ugly.
-1 from me.

> The only 2 binaries needed for users to "add" is
> gstreamer-plugins-bad- orig-addon and
> gstreamer-plugins-ugly-orig-addon, all the other subpackages could
> and should come from distro (debuginfo packages for -orig-addons
> aside).

Take your power as package maintainer and move everything thats
not supposed to be in bad/ugly into good.

> gstreamer-plugins-libav should for now stay as is.

Last time this came up it had to be rebuilt anyway with the full ffmpeg
variant to let it offer everyting libav could offer. Instead of blindly
offer everything it knows about. Bad design IMO.

Olaf