[packman] Packaging request - VidCutter

Gerhard Kühbauer vienna550 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 14 22:28:22 CET 2017

Am 2017-02-14 um 21:55 schrieb Carlos E. R.:

> The other tool that I'm interested in is ProjectX.cvs, but it can't
> load these files, something I don't remember the name is way too big.
> Unfortunately the home site appears to be German only, so I don't know
> how to communicate with them.

Sadly, there are also no good news when it comes to ProjectX - the
development has stopped years ago and ProjectX can only handle MPEG2.
So, I'm afraid that is not really an option...

Your problematic videofile seems to be MPEG4/h264 in an
MPEG-TS-container and astandard 720x576-resolution. It's an allowed
format, but something I've never seen used by TV-stations before. If
it's not too much trouble - would it be possible to upload a short clip
of it (5-8MB are more than enough) to some filehoster? A short part of a
commercial clip or something like that. Nothing that can cause legal
issues...