[packman] New packages for packman (Walter Fey)

Luigi Baldoni aloisio at gmx.com
Tue Aug 1 21:41:40 CEST 2017

Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2017 at 6:02 PM
From: "Richard Brown" <RBrownCCB at opensuse.org>
> > > You mean the spec file, changes file etc when you refer to 'form'?
> >
> > If so I suspect it's related to the missing header with copyright attribution
> > to SUSE AG.
> >
> > Now, the question is: would Packman be ok with that?
>
> I would hope the answer is "no"
>
> If Packman receives packages which clearly remove the legal copyright attribution of previous authors, Packman would
> need to be prepared for serious conversations with the copyright holder who's attributions are being removed.
>
> This is a very serious situation which fundamentally undermines the legal basis under which free and open source
> licenses operate, so is taken very seriously by corporations that run their business in compliance with those
> licenses.

No. I was talking about the copyring attribution for the spec file itself, with which I seem to recall
from a previous interaction OP has a problem with.

Now, I assume that a commercial entity like SUSE can't afford to distribute anything where the IP is not
clearly defined, even for a mere script.

Would Packman be more lenient in that regard?

Regard