[packman] [PM] mythtv 0.28+git.20160823.d9182ff-2.1 (openSUSE 13.2/x86_64)

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Thu Nov 10 15:30:10 CET 2016

On Mon, Nov 07, Günter Kukkukk wrote:

> I'm atm trying to find as much info as possible about the
> "pkgconfig()" stuff from the spec file.

'pkgconfig(X)' is just a tag for a devel package which provides "X".
That way more than one devel package can provide "X", or the devel
pacakge can be renamed. It is similar to how the ELF libraries do
Provide their SONAME and apps Require their NEEDED, see the output of
'readelf -d /usr/lib64/libz.so' for example.

Regarding building a package, either use 'osc build' or use 'zypper
source-install --build-deps-only mythtv'

Olaf