[packman] rebuilding gstreamer every day?

Richard Brown RBrownCCB at opensuse.org
Sun Jun 19 12:32:50 CEST 2016

On 19 June 2016 at 11:53, Olaf Hering <olaf at aepfle.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, Bjørn Lie wrote:
>
>> Packman would be better of with link to the factory sources instead of
>> straight from the devel one in m:l.
>
> This does not help much. If the pkg in Factory gets broken for whatever
> reason it will take weeks until the error is resolved.
>
> Olaf

The pkg in multimedia:libs is about one hundred, thousand, million
times more at risk of being broken than the pkg in Factory

Because it's a devel project, where packages are MEANT to be broken
from time to time, meanwhile we KNOW the ffmpeg packages in Factory
work as they get tested in openQA as part of the VLC testing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Packman building against
multimedia:libs has always been silly

In fact, for Leap, Packman should build against the packages in Leap
which would even further reduce the needless, pointless, load on pmbs
and on packman users constantly having to update packages for no
benefit.

But right now I would just take removing m:l out of the equation, it
has no place being used in this way.