[packman] FFmpeg library dependencies, interference with crippled distro packages

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Wed May 20 10:16:46 CEST 2015

On Wed, May 20, Martin Herkt wrote:

> It would appear that the FFmpeg packages on Packman do not depend on the
> correct versions. For example, if I install ffmpeg on a system which also has
> the KDE:Extra repository enabled, zypp might install mismatched versions of
> the dependencies, regardless of repository priority, due to the KDE:Extra
> version having a higher build number. Why KDE:Extra even publishes these
> binaries is another question.

What repos do you have? I see ffmpeg in KDE:Applications,
KDE:Unstable:Applications and KDE:Unstable:Frameworks. Since the ffmpeg
in OBS is independent from ffmpeg in PMBS there may be confusion.

It would be difficult, but not impossible, to make each package from
packman require the packages used during build. So far noone has done
that work.

Olaf