[packman] Interest in obs-studio build for openSUSE 13.1 which requires a few aggregated packages

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Thu Jul 9 08:09:58 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jul 08, Jimmy Berry wrote:

> I maintain the obs-studio package [0] which has been getting a fair
> number of downloads [1], but currently only builds against openSUSE
> 13.2, Tumbleweed, and of course Factory.
>
> A newer version of cmake is required. Sadly off by a single minor
> release 2.8.11 vs 2.8.12. Similarly libqt5 is 5.1 and needs >= 5.3.

The cmake package is already built for 13.1 in Essentials.

I'm not sure what to do with Qt5. Perhaps we can try to link that one
into packman and build it only for 13.1. It requires 9G disk and 3.5G
memory to build. Is it required to build obs-studio in packman, perhaps
OBS itself is a better place for it.

Olaf