[packman] audacious

Wolfgang Bauer e9325712 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Apr 18 17:02:02 CEST 2015

Am Samstag, 18. April 2015, 15:06:46 schrieb Hartmut:
> In Yast I chose Source "Packman" and selected: "update everything if newer
versions are available". That updated everything from packman but did not
recommend plugins-lang though audacious-lang was installed.

No, it doesn't matter whether audacious-lang is installed or not.
audacious-plugins recommends audacious-plugins-lang, so audacious-plugins-lang
will get installed automatically when you install audacious-plugins.

> But I have the menuitem in Yast checked "ignore recommended packages for
installed packages", because without this checked Yast everytime tries to
install several unwanted packages like "packagekit", "apparmor" and
"pulseaudio". I asume, thats the thing wich does not install plugins-lang ..

Correct.
You already had audacious-plugins installed, which recommends audacious-
plugins-lang. Because you chose to ignore recommendations of already installed
packages, audacious-plugins-lang was not installed automatically then

If you would have installed audacious-plugins freshly, you'd have gotten
audacious-plugins-lang automatically too.

As I already indicated, it is standard procedure to only recommend -lang
packages, as they are not strictly needed.

Btw, in 13.1 if you uninstall packages explicitely, they will not be installed
automatically any more, even if you turn off that option.
And you can also lock particular packages you don't want to have installed
(right-click on a package and select "Taboo - Never install".

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang