[packman] openSUSE 13.1 - Gmerlin Packages missing

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Sun May 11 12:03:45 CEST 2014

Hi Cristian,

On Sun, 11 May 2014 10:37:48 +0100
Cristian Morales Vega <reddwarf at opensuse.org> wrote:

> Stefan, there seems to be a problem with the mirroring of the
> packages. The packages are building but for example neither
> http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_13.1/Multimedia/i586/
> http://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/packman/suse/openSUSE_13.1/Multimedia/i586/
>
> has gmerlin.
> Extra weird because ftp.gwdg.de has gmerlin-avdecoder but
> ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de doesn't.

I know I am a little bit slow with giving updates about the PMBS
healing progress. We currently still have a problem with packages from
Multimedia.
Our publishing process is not just the stock obs publishing task, we
sync the packages to out packman.links2linux.de server, and there the
packages will be checked for authenticity, re-signed with our GPG
key, and then published.
Since the bumpy update to obs 2.5.x not all packages on PMBS are signed
with out PMBS signing key, but with some other key. There the
authenticity check fails, and the offending package will not get
published to the mirrors.
As the only way out Marc and I will add the - now identified - other
key to the "authorized" keys, and once this is implemented, we will
start rebuilding Multimedia again - there are some additional workers
there, as you may have noticed. This will then hopefully solve the
problems with the missing packages, but will also take some hours.

Once everything is resolved, I will notify the list again.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause