[packman] PMBS and builds

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Sat May 3 09:42:55 CEST 2014

Hi all,

you may have noticed, that PMBS currently runs far from smooth. Since
the update to obs 2.5.x the schedulers are really slow, they need 3-4
time the CPU time compared to the then 2.4 release. Also disk I/O has
increased by about the same factor.
I will try to sort this out with the obs developers, which should be
more accessible after oSC14 is over now, and the OBS disk troubles have
been fixed.

One other very important thing is, that currently package signing on
PMBS does not work. The packman GPG key is a DSA key, but the
obs-signer insists on a RSA key - I do not know since when. We most
probably have to issue a new key, until then I have stopped the sign
daemon. This leads to unfinished builds, and we will have to rebuild
all projects, once we have a solution for the signing problem.

With the 2.5 tree of the build system we finally have a notification
system! If you want to receive mails about failed builds, requests, or
comments, please be sure to update your mail address in PMBS and
change the notification settings from the link on your home page.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause