[packman] two bugs ...

Dr. Ing. Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Sat Aug 2 14:34:28 CEST 2014

Dear listmembers,
I have been facing two issues with current packman for openSUSE-13.1 I'd like
to report:

1.) wineasio
Wineasio is available for 64Bit and for 32Bit. If you want to run a 32Bit
application on 64Bit wine it seems to me as if this does not work. There is no
wineasio-32bit XXX package.
Tell me if I am wrong - I  solved this by manually copying the 32bit wineasio-
dll to /usr/lib/wine. After that, I modified the sources to provide both 64bit
and 32bit versions in one x86_64 package. So, if anyone is interested in,
please let me know whom / where to send the apropriate patch for the wineasio-
source rpm.

2.) libjack
libjack.so.0 is part of libjack0-32bit-1.9.9.5-5.1.2.x86_64. Unfortunately the
link

libjack.so -> libjack.so.0.1.0

in /usr/lib is missing in this package. I ask the maintainer to add this link,
without it, the 32bit binary for wineasio - dll cannot be build on x86_64.

Thank you for looking into this,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)