[packman] Certificate on PMBS

Stefan Botter jsj at jsj.dyndns.org
Sun Aug 3 19:53:18 CEST 2014

Hi Jörg,

On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 00:58:44 +0200
Jörg Lorenzen <joerg.lorenzen at ki.tng.de> wrote:
> I downgraded Firefox to version 30.0 and everything works fine.
> As Chromium also has a problem with the certificate, I think Firefox
> 31.0 is OK
> and the problem is caused by the certificate for PMBS.

... but certificates are not working like that ;-)

Either your browser can verify the certificate, or it cannot. Please
check, if you have the CAcert.org root class3 certificate imported into
your trusted certificates. Mozilla and debian recently have removed the
CAcert.org certificates from their default stores, you have to manually
import the root certificates. On openSUSE systems you can install the
"ca-certificates-cacert" package for ease of use.

Please try again.

Greetings,

Stefan

PS: I just checked, I am using firefox 31.0 and chromium 35.0, and
both verify the certificate of PMBS successfully.
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause
Bremen