[packman] VLC fix

Manfred Tremmel manfred at links2linux.de
Sun Sep 29 21:55:07 CEST 2013

Am Sonntag, 29. September 2013, 20:11:53 schrieb Wolfgang Bauer:
> Hi!
>
> Am Samstag, 28. September 2013, 00:25:47 schrieb Manfred Tremmel:
> > Am Freitag, 27. September 2013, 11:48:55 schrieb Stefan Botter:
> > > Hi,

> > > I am a little reluctant to accept the request, I believe it is
> > > good to have Manfred accept it, as he is the one usually dealing
> > > with ffmpeg and all its children ;-)
> > >
> > > Manfred, can you have a look?
> >
> > I've packaged ffmpeg 1.2 and 1.2.1 in the past and got back to
> > 1.0.x.
> > Three or four packages didn't work correctly with 1.2.x (no compile
> > problems, but runtime problems). I don't think, we should switch to
> > 1.2!
> VLC 2.1.0 compiles and works fine with ffmpeg 2.0.1.

Then use it, ffmpeg 1.0.6 is only available for compatibility reasons.

> I have built it successfully here:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:wolfi323/vlc
> I only added "BuildRequires: -post-build-checks" to the spec file
> there to get rid of some "no-return-in-nonvoid-function" errors that
> made the build fail (I didn't want to dig deeper into that right
> now). But those are not related to ffmpeg, they are also there when
> building without it (see KDE:Distro:Factory f.e.).
>
> So I would suggest to just change the "BuildRequires:
> libffmpeg1-devel" to libffmpeg-devel again, instead of updating
> ffmpeg1 (or maybe trying to patch vlc to build against 1.0.8).

Building against libffmpeg-devel is the solution. VLC 2.0.x didn't
compile against ffmpeg 2.x, that's the only reason for building against
ibffmpeg1-devel.

--
Machs gut    | http://www.iivs.de/schwinde/buerger/tremmel/

Manfred      | http://packman.links2linux.de/