[packman] VLC fix

Wolfgang Bauer e9325712 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Sep 29 20:11:53 CEST 2013

Hi!

Am Samstag, 28. September 2013, 00:25:47 schrieb Manfred Tremmel:
> Am Freitag, 27. September 2013, 11:48:55 schrieb Stefan Botter:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:26:04 +0200
> >
> > Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gardet at free.fr> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I submitted 2 SR :
> > > * #556 : FFmpeg1 update to 1.2.3
> > > * #557 : VLC build fix
> > >
> > > in order to fix VLC package (which need ffmpeg >= 1.2)
> >
> > I am a little reluctant to accept the request, I believe it is good to
> > have Manfred accept it, as he is the one usually dealing with ffmpeg
> > and all its children ;-)
> >
> > Manfred, can you have a look?
>
> I've packaged ffmpeg 1.2 and 1.2.1 in the past and got back to 1.0.x.
> Three or four packages didn't work correctly with 1.2.x (no compile
> problems, but runtime problems). I don't think, we should switch to 1.2!

VLC 2.1.0 compiles and works fine with ffmpeg 2.0.1.

I have built it successfully here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:wolfi323/vlc
I only added "BuildRequires: -post-build-checks" to the spec file there to get
rid of some "no-return-in-nonvoid-function" errors that made the build fail (I
didn't want to dig deeper into that right now). But those are not related to
ffmpeg, they are also there when building without it (see KDE:Distro:Factory
f.e.).

So I would suggest to just change the "BuildRequires: libffmpeg1-devel" to
libffmpeg-devel again, instead of updating ffmpeg1 (or maybe trying to patch
vlc to build against 1.0.8).

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang